How do you comment?
- Click on a page or post you would like to comment on.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.
- Click the box.
- Type your comment into the box.
- Click “Post Comment”.
Okay, knowing how to post a comment is one thing, but knowing how to write one is another!
Here are a few things we are discussing in this post:
- What kinds of comments should I write?
- What are dead-end comments?
- What should I avoid when writing a comment?
- What can I say?
What Are Dead-End Comments?
Some examples of dead-end comments are:
- Cool post!
- This helped me out a lot! Thanks!
- You are SO good at writing!
- Great job!
Dead-end comments are usually complimenting the writer or the post, and there isn’t anything wrong with that, sometimes we really can’t think of anything to say! But you should always try to suggest something for the writer. Such as:
- Spelling mistakes.
- Words used incorrectly.
- Suggestions for improvement.
- Punctuation mistakes.
Sometimes you may receive comments telling you how you used something incorrectly, and don’t get mad or discouraged! Yes, it may hurt a little bit, but you should always take their advice and fix what you need to fix. You never know! They might even improve your writing!
What Kinds Of Comments Should I Write?
There are many different types of comments, there are some that you should avoid and some that you should try to write.
Some comments you should avoid writing are:
- Negative or harsh comments about the person.
- Personal information.
- Dead-end comments.
Some comments you should try to write are:
- Suggestions for the author.
- Things you may have noticed.
- Your questions.
What Should I Avoid When Writing a Comment?
When writing a comment, you should avoid:
- Spelling mistakes.
- Text languages (LOL, TTYL, :), :P)
- Punctuation Errors.
- Using Words Incorrectly.
- Saying “Heres a link to my blog”
- Telling personal information (You shouldn’t be afraid to talk about yourself, but too much information can be dangerous)
- Talking about other people without their permission (Especially if it is a negative comment)
What Should I Say?
If you are having trouble coming up with something to say, here are some sentence starters:
- This blog reminds me of…
- I was wondering…
- How did…
- Maybe you can…
- My favorite part was…
- I liked the blog but…
- Have you also…
- I was considering…
- This helped me out because…
- I also…
And that’s all you need to know about how to write a good comment, but there is one VERY important rule…